Grave side service for Angie Jean

Angie Jean

We have had a time to process the loss. Many have moved to acceptance. Others are not there yet. To everything there is a time and a season.

Many times we wonder why our loved ones are taken away. We question God and that’s alright. Take comfort that Angie is with Her Lord and her wish for us is to accept Jesus and meet her inside the Pearly Gates of Heaven.

We all have hobbies and diversions don’t we? We like to collect things that catch our eye. Angie had many of those and they will serve to remind us of her in the coming months. Hold on to them and cherish them.

God is a collector too. He has a fondness for books. When He gave His commandments the coined them “the Book of the Law.” Many different books are mentioned in His book the Bible. Genesis, Psalms, Matthew, James, the lost book of Jasher, the book of Solomon and the book of Geologies to name a few.

He has a book that He simply calls “My Book” Sometimes He calls it the Book of Life. It’s very special to Him and to us as well.
A man in the Bible who suffered great loss longed for a book to be written. This man was named Job.
He said in the middle of his sorrows “Oh that my words were written! Oh that they were inscribed in a book! “That with an iron stylus and lead They were engraved in the rock forever!
Not many me suffered as he did, but through his trials and miserable companions who tried and failed to console him He persevered and was finally comforted. God didn’t forget Job and God will not forget you.
Psalm-You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?
Each of are recorded in God’s book. Every tear, all the sorrows, the good as well as the bad. Each of has a book in God’s collection. Some are long some are short. Some we wish were longer or had a happier ending. God finished writing Angie’s story. As the writer He has that right. The rest of use God is still writing.
Sometimes we try to author our book. We go astray and do what we want regardless of the consequences. But today I want to remind you that the only way for your book to have a happy ending is to give up control to the one who wants to write the best for you. Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:1–2 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

In the Book 'tis written, "Saved by grace."
Oh the joy that came to my soul!
Now I am forgiven, and I know
By the blood I am made whole
There's a new name Written down in glory,
And it's mine, oh yes, it's mine!
And the white-robed Angels sing the story,
"A sinner has come home."
For there's a new name written down in glory, And it's mine,
oh yes, it's mine! With my sins forgiven I am bound for heaven,
Nevermore to roam.
The greatest book ever written is the Lambs Book of Life.
Job 19:25–27 “As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth. 26 “Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God; Whom I myself shall behold, And whom my eyes will see and not another. My heart faints within me!

Prayer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Emphasis Month Guide

Christmas in Clovis

Notes for Sunday